Saturday, February 22, 2014

Thing 3

I downloaded the Free Wi Fi Finder app on my Iphone. After a few days I asked my teenage daughter if I was correct in feeling that it was a bit redundant because of 3G. She agreed. I asked some savvy co-workers about it and they thought of several good reasons why it could be useful. For example, what if your 3G was not working or not working well? I do like the list view feature on the app. Not necessarily because it shows where nearby Wi Fi is, but because many of the places that have free Wi Fi are places I might need to stop at when I am in an unfamiliar neighborhood. I can see there is a Dunn Brothers coffee 0.75 miles from where I am subbing today. Good to know. My final verdict is still out on this app. I want to play with it some more as I travel around and give it some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment